Skin peels keep Dulles complexions glowing
Cells that make up skin renew at a rate of about 40,000 per minute. As they are replaced, dead cells make their way to the surface. Skin peels resurface skin, removing damaged and dead cells and boosting cellular turnover. Peels from the experienced estheticians at Dulles Dermatology Associates in Dulles
, VA resolve many appearance issues for fresh, radiant skin.
Conditions treated with skin peels
Usually a series of gentle peels is recommended for optimal results, with periodic re-treatment to maintain healthy skin. Deeper peels may require only one session.
Skin conditions that can be improved with peels include:
- Acne scarring
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Uneven skin tone
- Dull complexion
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough texture
- Actinic keratosis – a pre-skin cancer
Types of peels
Our peels are customized to your skin type and needs. We vary chemical formulation and duration of treatment, exfoliating to a specific depth with predictable results. In our skilled care, peels are safe for all skin tones.
- Light or epidermal peels are the mildest. They contain gentle ingredients such as salicylic, glycolic, or mandelic acid. While pinkness may result, it is temporary, and there is no downtime.
- The Mélange peel is specially formulated to treat pigmentation irregularities such as melasma. It evens out skin tone and refines texture.
- Medium-depth peels contain trichloroacetic (TCA) or retinoic acid, or resorcinol. Expect more dramatic results than with a light peel, following a few days of redness and flaking.
- Deep peels have a higher concentration of TCA or other aggressive ingredients, appropriate for improving sun damage and wrinkles. There is a bit more recovery time, but results are stunning.
Whether you choose a pampering light peel or a deeper treatment, you receive expert instruction on post-procedure care to promote fast recovery.
Call our Dulles
office at (844) 357-3376
to learn more about skin peels