Caring for kids with pediatric dermatology services in Dulles
Children have extremely delicate skin, and are subject to dermal conditions that rarely affect adults. The dermatology
attention they receive from infancy through teen years may impact their appearance and confidence for life. The Board-certified dermatologists at our Dulles
office love setting the stage for a lifetime of healthy skin, with gentle, compassionate pediatric
Pediatric services we provide
- Diagnosis of skin disorders.
- Evaluation of vascular lesions.
- Individualized treatment plan for management of persistent or chronic skin conditions.
- The latest medications, techniques, and laser therapies.
Treatments we offer
Our goal is to understand your concerns and explain treatment options, to relieve stress for you and your little one.
Some of the conditions we commonly treat are:
- Vascular birthmarks – While this collection of large blood vessels isn’t generally a health threat, resolving it early may save your child embarrassment throughout life. We treat birthmarks with topical beta-blockers, corticosteroid creams, and oral medications. Some birthmarks, such as port wine stains, respond well to laser and light therapies.
- Eczema or atopic dermatitis – This itchy rash affects up to 20 percent of children. We help to design a home routine that minimizes irritation to your child’s sensitive skin. Depending on the severity, medicated lotions or creams, or oral prescriptions may be recommended to reduce inflammation and discomfort.
- Acne – Pre-adolescent cases of acne are common, and nearly every teenager gets pimples. Often a combination therapy of topical retinoid and benzoyl peroxide gets acne under control. Depending on severity, we may also consider oral antibiotics, Accutane, or hormonal therapy (for girls).
- Warts – Because they are easily spread, warts are common from childhood to teen ages. We have a variety of techniques to remove warts, and immune-boosting therapy to fight viral infection from within.
At Dulles Dermatology Associates, your child receives professional pediatric
care, with a motherly touch. In Dulles
, VA call (844) 357-3376